PILA BLANCA, TX
PILA BLANCA, TEXAS. Pila Blanca was ten miles southeast of Freer in north central Duval County. It was founded sometime before 1947, when a school and several dwellings were at the site. By 1955 the school had been absorbed by the Rosita Independent School District. In 1968 Pila Blanca comprised a single grave, a windmill, and a nearby cemetery, and by 1990 it was no longer named on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "PILA BLANCA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpxa), accessed July 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.