PLEASANT HILL, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)
PLEASANT HILL, TEXAS (Cherokee County). Pleasant Hill, on Farm Road 2137 twenty-four miles northwest of Rusk in northwestern Cherokee County, was probably first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1896, when it had an enrollment of forty-five. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church and a number of houses. The church later disbanded, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a community center remained in the area.