ROACH, TX (CASS COUNTY)
ROACH, TEXAS (Cass County). Roach is six miles northeast of Linden in eastern Cass County. It was probably named for the family of Dr. J. Roach, a Cass County physician. A post office was operated in the community from 1898 until 1904 with James O'Rear as postmaster. In 1936 the community consisted of two churches and widely scattered houses. In 1983 it had one church and widely scattered houses. In 2000 the population was fifty.
Wright Patman, History of Post Offices-First Congressional District of Texas (Texarkana, Texas, 1946?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "ROACH, TX (CASS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr25), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.