ROEMERVILLE, TEXAS. Roemerville was a rural school community on State Highway 238 six miles northeast of Seadrift in Calhoun County. The site was probably named for Dr. John Roemer, an early German settler who was one of the founders of the nearby Long Mott community. During the 1935–36 school year the Roemerville School reported one teacher and thirty white students. In 1936 the community included the school and several scattered dwellings, but by 1955 the school had been consolidated into the county system, and its students were bused to schools in larger towns nearby. In 1973 the old schoolhouse was still standing, surrounded by several scattered dwellings. No traces of the community were shown on county highway maps in 2000.
John B. Hayes, A Survey and Proposed Plan of Reorganization of the Schools of Calhoun County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1939).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "ROEMERVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr69), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.