RIVERSIDE, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
RIVERSIDE, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Riverside, just north of the Texas Short Line Railroad and fourteen miles northeast of Canton in northeast Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that reached an enrollment of twenty-seven in 1906 and was consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 state highway maps showed the school and scattered dwellings at the townsite and Rodgers church and cemetery within a mile, but by 1987 only the Rodgers church and cemetery remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "RIVERSIDE, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr81), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.