RYMERS, TEXAS. Rymers, also known as Rymer's Switch, was a tiny railroad community on the Cane Belt Railroad, a mile north of Wadsworth and eight miles south of Bay City in central Matagorda County. At one time Rymers had the B. A. Rymer warehouse. A local history reports that after the railroad built through around 1901, Christian Zipprian had a general store at Rymer's Switch, though he moved the store to Wadsworth after its founding around 1907. By 1936 Rymers had a rail stop and three dwellings, and by 1952 only about two inhabited dwellings remained at the site. A 1972 map shows three large tanks, possibly for oil, at Rymers. The community is not shown on the 1989 county highway map.
Matagorda County Historical Commission, Historic Matagorda County (3 vols., 1986–88).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rachel Jenkins, "RYMERS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr84), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.