ROLLING HILLS, TX
ROLLING HILLS, TEXAS. Rolling Hills is a residential community located on Farm Road 1736 about six miles northeast of Hempstead in northern Waller County. In 1965 developer E. A. Kelley purchased 775 acres of rolling woodland for the development of a subdivision. The topography inspired the name Rolling Hills Colony. C. C. McMillian became sole owner of the development in 1970. By the early 1970s, twenty-seven families already lived in the community, and a man-made lake, swimming pool, and park areas provided recreational amenities. In the 1980s the community was designated as Rolling Hills on county maps. No population figures were available in 1990 or 2000.
Waller County Historical Survey Committee, A History of Waller County, Texas (Waco: Texian Press, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "ROLLING HILLS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr88), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.