RUSTLER SPRINGS, TX
RUSTLER SPRINGS, TEXAS. Rustler Springs, also known as Tarver, Lula, and Sulphuria, is forty-two miles north of Kent and five miles west of the Reeves county line in east central Culberson County. Since the early 1900s the town has been the site of a sulfur plant. A post office known as Tarver operated there from 1908 until 1910 with J. F. Carter as postmaster. A second local post office, named Sulphuria, operated in 1920. After the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway built a twenty-two-mile spur south from New Mexico to the Duval sulfur plant in 1969, the site became known as Rustler Springs, named for the Rustler Hills to the west.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "RUSTLER SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrca), accessed August 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.