ROUND HOUSE, TX
ROUND HOUSE, TEXAS. Round House, on State Highway 309 two miles south of Round Prairie in southeastern Navarro County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s it had two churches, a school, several businesses, and a number of house. After World War II many of the residents moved away, the businesses closed, and the school was consolidated with that of Kerens. By the mid-1960s Round House was no longer shown on highway maps. In the early 1990s a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. The population was forty in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ROUND HOUSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrgg), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.