RIVER HILL, TX
RIVER HILL, TEXAS. River Hill, at the junction of U.S. Highway 79 and Farm Road 123, eight miles northeast of Carthage in northeastern Panola County, was established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had several businesses, a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with Carthage school, but in the mid-1960s several stores and a church still remained in the area. In the early 1990s River Hill was a dispersed rural community.
Leila B. LaGrone, ed., History of Panola County (Carthage, Texas: Panola County Historical Commission, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RIVER HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrkv), accessed October 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.