REST, TEXAS. Rest was eight miles north of Lockhart in northern Caldwell County. A post office operated there from 1880 to 1883. The community was not marked on county highway maps in the 1940s. An old cemetery, located about two miles south of the intersection of U.S. Highway 183 and State Highway 21, was the only evidence of the community in the 1980s. The most recent headstone was dated 1916.
Plum Creek Almanac, Spring 1984.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "REST, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrmy), accessed August 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.