RUSH PRAIRIE, TX
RUSH PRAIRIE, TEXAS. Rush Prairie, a farming community off Farm Road 1393 three miles southwest of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, was established sometime before 1900 near the early settlement of Wadeville. In the mid-1930s Rush Prairie had a church, a store, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates are available.
Alva Taylor, History and Photographs of Corsicana and Navarro County (Corsicana, Texas, 1959; rev. ed., Navarro County History and Photographs, Corsicana, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RUSH PRAIRIE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrpp), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.