RED BRANCH, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
RED BRANCH, TEXAS (Trinity County). Red Branch, a rural community off State Highway 19 sixteen miles west of Groveton in extreme northwestern Trinity County, grew up around a school for African-American children. The school was established prior to 1896, when it had one teacher and an enrollment of forty-one. During the 1930s Red Branch had the school and a number of houses. The school was consolidated with Trinity schools in 1938, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates were available.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RED BRANCH, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrpy), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.