RHODES, TEXAS. Rhodes was eighteen miles northwest of Brazoria in northwest Brazoria County. A Rhodes post office was established in 1888 and discontinued in 1890, when service was transferred to Damon Mound. The town was evidently named for Joseph A. Rhodes, its first postmaster. In 1890 the community had two general stores, a sawmill, a gin, and a population of fifty.
James A. Creighton, A Narrative History of Brazoria County (Angleton, Texas: Brazoria County Historical Commission, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "RHODES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrrq), accessed March 07, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.