REYNARD, TEXAS. Reynard, on Farm Road 2544 fourteen miles northwest of Crockett in western Houston County, was established around 1900. A post office opened there in 1901, and by 1905 the settlement had two general stores, a cotton gin and mill, and a church. The post office closed in 1907, but the community continued to prosper; in the mid-1930s it comprised a church, two schools, and a store. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a number of widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s Reynard was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was seventy-five.
Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "REYNARD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrut), accessed July 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.