SCHOOLERVILLE, TEXAS. Schoolerville, on U.S. Highway 281 six miles southwest of Hamilton in south central Hamilton County, was named for J. L. Schooler, who settled in the area in 1870. In 1940 the rural community comprised scattered residences, a school, a church, a business, and a population of twenty. By the late 1940s it had an additional business. Schoolerville was still indicated on the county highway map during the 1980s, but no population figures were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "SCHOOLERVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs20), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.