SCOTT, TEXAS. Scott was a farming community just off Farm Road 47 and ten miles northwest of Canton in west central Van Zandt County. It had a post office from 1897 to 1907, after which mail was delivered from Wills Point. The 1936 county highway map showed the site with the nearby Fairview school and church, a grain elevator, one other business, and scattered dwellings. The population was estimated at fifty from 1933 to 1943 but thereafter dwindled and was no longer recorded. By 1981 only the Fairview Community Center and scattered dwellings remained at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "SCOTT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs22), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.