SHERRY, TEXAS. Sherry, six miles southwest of Clarksville in southern Red River County, developed as a trade center around a cotton gin established in the late 1890s. James W. Cornett secured a post office in his store in 1902. The office was discontinued in 1923; maps of 1926 indicate a rural church and a school. In 1984 Sherry contained a community hall, a church, and a few widely scattered houses. The population was fifteen in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "SHERRY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs35), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.