SPILLER'S STORE, TX
SPILLER'S STORE, TEXAS. Spiller's Store is at the intersection of Farm roads 977 and 1119, ten miles south of Centerville in southern Leon County. It was probably named for a store run by the Spiller family at the site and was founded in the 1870s. A school taught by A. S. Spiller was operating in the community by the 1870s. In 1907 the school was called Pleasant Grove School, and Pleasant Grove Cemetery was located nearby. By 1940 the school was no longer in operation, and Spiller's Store had a cemetery and scattered dwellings. In 1972 the community had two cemeteries and scattered dwellings. It was still listed on state highway maps in 1990.
Leon County Historical Book Survey Committee, History of Leon County (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SPILLER'S STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs56), accessed July 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.