STEWART, TX (RUSK COUNTY)
STEWART, TEXAS (Rusk County). Stewart is an agricultural community on Farm Road 782 between Bethel and Oak Hill, five miles west of Harmony Hill in northeastern Rusk County. William C. Ray was appointed postmaster there in 1896. The post office was discontinued in 1907, and mail was sent to Elderville. Stewart was still shown on the 2000 county highway map. In 2000 the population was fifteen.
Dorman H. Winfrey, A History of Rusk County (Waco: Texian, 1961).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "STEWART, TX (RUSK COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs66), accessed March 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.