SAVAGE, TX (CROSBY COUNTY)
SAVAGE, TEXAS (Crosby County). Savage is on Farm Road 40 twenty-five miles east of Lubbock in a prosperous cotton growing region in Crosby County. It was named for E. E. Savage, on whose property the first gin was erected in 1924. In 1927 the gin burned, but C. P. Dean purchased the site and rebuilt the gin in 1928. With Claud Adams serving as manager, the gin was modernized and has remained the primary business concern in Savage. A general store also served Savage at one time. The community was still listed in 1990.
Crosby County Pioneer Memorial Museum, A History of Crosby County, 1876–1977 (Dallas: Taylor, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Edloe A. Jenkins, "SAVAGE, TX (CROSBY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs74), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.