SPRING CREEK, TX (SAN SABA COUNTY)
SPRING CREEK, TEXAS (San Saba County). Spring Creek is a community on Ranch Road 500 ten miles northeast of the town of Richland Springs in northern San Saba County. A school opened there in the late 1870s or early 1880s, and a post office called Bomar was established in Spring Creek in 1905 in Mrs. W. H. Ledbetter's home. The office, named after her parents, James R. and Lucinda Bomar, was discontinued in 1914. The community was associated with the Cat Claw school community in 1949. The Spring Creek school eventually joined the San Saba school district. In 1984 Spring Creek included a community hall, a church, a cemetery, and a business. In 2000 the population was twenty.
San Saba County History (San Saba, Texas: San Saba County Historical Commission, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "SPRING CREEK, TX (SAN SABA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs80), accessed September 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.