SANTA CLARA, TX
SANTA CLARA, TEXAS. Santa Clara was nine miles southwest of Seguin and one mile south of Interstate Highway 10 in southwestern Guadalupe County. In 1904 Santa Clara had a one-teacher school for thirty-two students. In addition to the school, there were a few scattered houses in the area in 1946; by the mid-1980s, only a church and a cemetery marked the location of the community on county highway maps. The population was 889 in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "SANTA CLARA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs89), accessed December 04, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.