SMALL, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)
SMALL, TEXAS (Williamson County). Small was on Willis Creek six miles southeast of Jarrell in north central Williamson County. It was settled by the Irvin family about 1869 and had a store by the early 1890s. A post office operated there from 1894 to 1898. In 1896 the village had two churches, the store, a cotton gin, a livestock agent, and a music teacher. The Ake school was located one-half mile to the west of Small, and in 1903 it was the fourth largest rural school in Williamson County, with 139 pupils and three teachers. Small no longer existed as a community by 1948.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SMALL, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs90), accessed January 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.