SILOAM, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)
SILOAM, TEXAS (Williamson County). Siloam was on Middle Yegua Creek in southeast Williamson County, one-half mile from the Lee county line. The settlement was founded in 1854 by Marmaduke Gardner and had a church for six white members and one black. The town's Universalist church was rebuilt and moved several times over the years, and a Universalist convention was held there in 1907. Siloam was also the site of a rural school, which in 1903, when it had four teachers and 110 pupils, was the sixth largest white district school in the county. The population of the community declined during the twentieth century, its school merged with Thrall's in 1951, and by 1977 Siloam no longer appeared on county highway maps.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SILOAM, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs92), accessed December 04, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.