SEFCIKVILLE, TEXAS. Sefcikville, first called Marekville, was near Seaton and eight miles east of Temple in eastern Bell County. The community, founded in the early 1900s, was settled by Czechs and named for T. T. Sefcik, who operated a store and community center there. In 1939 the community reported twenty residents and one business. Its population had fallen to ten by 1964, and soon thereafter it seems to have been abandoned.
Temple Junior Chamber of Commerce, Bell County History (Fort Worth, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SEFCIKVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsap), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.