SHADY GROVE CHURCH, TX
SHADY GROVE CHURCH, TEXAS. Shady Grove Church, also known as Shady Grove, is two miles north of State Highway 49 and nine miles northwest of Jefferson in northwestern Marion County. In 1938 the community had a two-room schoolhouse, which accommodated seventy-two black elementary students and two teachers. The school was consolidated with the Lassater school by 1955. In 1962 Shady Grove consisted of a church and several scattered dwellings, and the church was still marked on state highway maps in 1983.
Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SHADY GROVE CHURCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsaw), accessed December 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.