SAND SPRINGS CHURCH, TX
SAND SPRINGS CHURCH, TEXAS. Sand Springs Church, also known as Sand Spring and as Sand Springs, is a rural community at the intersection of two country roads by Gal Creek, three miles east of Alderbranch and thirteen miles southeast of Palestine in southeastern Anderson County. The community had a post office called Sand Spring from 1850 to 1851. In 1932 the Sand Springs district school served some twenty-two white pupils, and during the 1940s the townsite included the school and one dwelling. By 1955 the Sand Springs school had consolidated with that of Slocum, and in 1985 all that remained at the site was Sand Springs Church. No trace of the community was shown on county maps in 2000.
Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SAND SPRINGS CHURCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsaz), accessed April 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.