SUE, TEXAS. Sue, also known as Tank Hollow, is eight miles west of Poteet in northwestern Atascosa County. The community was founded around 1890 and had a school that combined the student populations of the Agua Negra and Fern schools. From 1896 to 1915 the town had a post office that was named for its postmaster Sue Collins. In 1904 the Tank Hollow School had thirty-eight white students and two teachers. In 1914 Sue had a general store; the Tank Hollow School had sixty-five students. During the 1940s the community consisted of the school, a cemetery, a business, and a number of scattered dwellings. The community was labeled as Tank Hollow on the 1987 county highway map. A number of scattered dwellings and two cemeteries remained at the site. In 2000 county highway maps labeled the area as Sue. No population estimates were available.
Margaret G. Clover, The Place Names of Atascosa County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1952).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Linda Peterson, "SUE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsbm), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.