SHILOH, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)
SHILOH, TEXAS (Freestone County). Shiloh is on Farm Road 489 four miles west of Butler in southwest Freestone County. The community had a church and a school that had eighty-two black students by 1893. In the 1930s the community had a school, a church, and a few scattered dwellings, and in the 1960s a church, a cemetery, and a few dwellings were there. The church still remained in the late 1980s.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "SHILOH, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsce), accessed December 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.