SAND HOLLOW, TX
SAND HOLLOW, TEXAS. Sand Hollow, a farming and stock-raising community, was near Sand Hollow Creek seven miles northeast of Pearsall in east central Frio County. The Sand Hollow school was constructed sometime around 1900, and in 1906 it had twenty-six students and one teacher. The schoolhouse also served as the community center and as a site for religious gatherings. In 1929 the school and a community cemetery were still in the area, and in 1948 the Sand Hollow community had the cemetery site surrounded by a dozen or so farms. The cemetery was shown on a 1989 map, but by that time the community appears to have been abandoned. The Sand Hollow Road to the cemetery runs east off Farm Road 2779.
Mrs. W. A. Roberts, "Frio County Has a Colorful History," Frontier Times, June 1936.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "SAND HOLLOW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsdq), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.