SAN MIGUEL, TX
SAN MIGUEL, TEXAS. San Miguel was a farm and ranch community on San Miguel Creek ten miles northeast of Pearsall in northeastern Frio County. Evidently a post office called Music was established near the site in 1880. A rural school was opened around 1890; its building was also used as a community center and for religious gatherings. In 1948 the community comprised the school, four dwellings, and several farms. There were several dwellings at the site in 1968 and 1982, but by 1989 the community had been abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "SAN MIGUEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsdr), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.