STORRS, TEXAS. Storrs, also called Storrsville, was three miles southwest of Ben Hur in western Limestone County. A post office opened there in 1898 with Alvin H. Storrs as postmaster. The population may have been drawn to nearby Mart in Falls County after the construction of the International-Great Northern Railroad through that area in 1901. The post office at Storrs was discontinued in 1906, and mail for the remaining residents was sent to Mart. A few scattered houses appeared on county maps of the area in the 1940s, but Storrs was not named.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "STORRS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsdu), accessed July 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.