SIMS COLONY, TX
SIMS COLONY, TEXAS. Sims Colony was a predominantly black community on what was later called Farm Road 1365 in eastern Limestone County. A church, a school, and several houses marked the community on county highway maps in the 1940s. A business appeared on maps of the area in the late 1980s.
Walter F. Cotton, History of Negroes of Limestone County from 1860 to 1939 (Mexia, Texas: Chatman and Merriwether, 1939).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "SIMS COLONY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsdw), accessed September 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.