SARON, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)
SARON, TEXAS (Angelina County). Saron is on Burris Creek just off Farm Road 1270, twenty-one miles southeast of Lufkin in southeastern Angelina County. It was founded as a logging camp before 1900 and by the mid-1930s had a church and a school. The school was closed around the time of World War II, but in the early 1990s two churches and a few scattered dwellings still remained. Saron was no longer shown on county highway maps in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SARON, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsfb), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.