SPECHT STORE, TX
SPECHT STORE, TEXAS. Specht Store was located off U.S. Highway 281 twenty-one miles north of San Antonio on the Bexar-Comal county line. It developed about 1900 around a general store operated by the Specht family. In the 1930s the community had the store and a number of houses; children attended school in nearby Bulverde. In 2003 the community consisted of a number of homes and a restaurant that also served as a store and bar with live music on weekends.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SPECHT STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrshp), accessed September 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.