SCHILLER, TEXAS. Schiller was on Farm Road 3160 twelve miles northeast of Boerne in southeastern Kendall County. A post office was established there in 1890 with Caspar Sueltenfuss as postmaster. By the mid-1890s the community included two cotton gins and 200 residents, but its post office was discontinued in 1907. A school and a church marked Schiller on county highway maps in the 1940s. These buildings, however, were gone by the 1980s.
Kendall County Historical Commission, A History of Kendall County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "SCHILLER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsms), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.