STUEBNER, TEXAS. Stuebner was between Willow and Spring creeks thirty miles northwest of Houston in northern Harris County. The site had been an Orcoquisac village. The community was a rural trading center before Tomball and Hufsmith became railroad depot towns. A post office was established there in 1885 and operated until 1911, when mail was delivered from Hufsmith. In 1890 Stuebner had a population of 400, a cotton mill, a gin, and Adolf Herrmann Stuebner's general store. Three churches, a sawmill, a cornmill, and a gin were constructed by 1896, but the population began to decline thereafter and had largely disappeared by 1900. Indian Hill school and Stuebner oilfield were located nearby.
The Heritage of North Harris County (n.p: North Harris County Branch, American Association of University Women, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "STUEBNER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsmv), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.