SAN PEDRO, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)
SAN PEDRO, TEXAS (Houston County). San Pedro, a farming community on San Pedro Creek at the junction of Farm roads 2022 and 2423, eight miles northeast of Crockett in east central Houston County, was first settled in the late 1840s. A post office operated there from 1848 to 1857 and again from 1858 to 1905. A school was established at San Pedro in 1889, and around that same time a Presbyterian church was organized. The school closed sometime after 1900, and by the mid-1930s San Pedro consisted of a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, but in the early 1990s the church, the cemetery, and a few scattered houses still remained.
Houston County Cemeteries (Crockett, Texas: Houston County Historical Commission, 1977; 3d ed. 1987). Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SAN PEDRO, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrssa), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.