TENERYVILLE, TEXAS. Teneryville, a community in northern Gregg County, was founded in 1931, when the Lathrop oil well came in. The town was named for G. B. Tenery, on whose land the oil was discovered. In 1931 there were 200 people living in the area; by 1966 only four or five families remained. The site was part of Longview by the early 1990s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TENERYVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt10), accessed October 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.