TERRELL WELLS, TX
TERRELL WELLS, TEXAS. Terrell Wells, eight miles southwest of downtown San Antonio in central Bexar County, was named for the mineral wells on the land of prominent politician Frederick Terrell and became a post office and health resort in the 1920s. One business and a population of fifty were reported there in 1930, and in 1940 the population was 150. The wells were closed after World War II, and by the 1950s the community was no longer shown on maps. The name was preserved in the local junior high.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "TERRELL WELLS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt11), accessed June 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.