TIDWELL, TEXAS. Tidwell is on State Highway 34 five miles north of Greenville in north central Hunt County. A post office operated there from 1892 to 1909. At the turn of the century twenty-nine persons lived in Tidwell, and one business was in operation there. The population reached 100 by the middle 1930s, when the community had three businesses. The population and business statistics were the same ten years later, at which time Tidwell reported a school and a church. The community has reported neither population nor business statistics since the 1940s, though a community hall remains at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "TIDWELL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt23), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.