TODD CITY, TX
TODD CITY, TEXAS. Todd City is at the intersection of Farm Road 19 and a country road three miles west of the Neches River, some fourteen miles northeast of Palestine in northeastern Anderson County. It was probably named for the Todd family, who lived in the area in the late 1800s. In the 1930s and 1940s the community included a factory, oil tanks, and several scattered dwellings. Todd City consisted of a number of scattered dwellings in 1982, and in 1985 the community had one business. Oil has been produced in the nearby Todd City oilfield. The population was ten in 2000.
Pauline Buck Hohes, A Centennial History of Anderson County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "TODD CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt26), accessed May 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.