TRAMMELS, TEXAS. Trammels was a small farming community in eastern Fort Bend County fourteen miles northeast of Richmond, at the junction of a graded and drained road and State Highway 6. Little is known regarding early settlement. Trammels was served by the mail route from Dewalt. In 1936 the community had a row of dwellings, one business, and some five farm units. Although Trammels appeared on county maps, population statistics were never recorded. By 1987 Trammels had disappeared from county maps. A portion of the site is covered by a small man-made lake, and the remainder has been absorbed by Dewalt.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "TRAMMELS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt31), accessed December 16, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.