TRIPP, TEXAS. Tripp (Trip) was a farming community on Long Creek thirteen miles east of Dallas in eastern Dallas County. It was at the intersection of Tripp and Collins roads within the present city limits of Sunnyvale. Lake Ray Hubbard is to the east. Tripp was established around 1900, when W. S. Ragsdale built a cotton gin and S. K. Lewis built a general store in the area. Tripp had a post office from 1899 until 1901. The community had twenty residents in 1910 and seventy-five in 1920. By 1950 its population had dropped to forty, and it remained at that level until 1964, after which no further population figures were available for Tripp. Shortly thereafter, Tripp was annexed by Sunnyvale. In 1982 several historic structures dating back to 1900 still stood in the community, including several farmhouses, a church, a store, and a school.
Daniel Hardy, Dallas County Historic Resource Survey (Dallas: Dallas County Historical Commission, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Matthew Hayes Nall, "TRIPP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt33), accessed March 14, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.