TYSON, TEXAS. Tyson, on Farm Road 933 four miles south of Aquilla in southwestern Hill County, was established in the mid-1880s, and in 1886 a post office branch opened there. By around 1900 Tyson served area farmers and ranchers as a church community. Its post office closed in 1907. In the mid-1930s the town had a store, a church, and a few scattered dwellings. It was apparently always a small community, and in the late 1940s, the last time population figures were available for Tyson, twenty residents lived there. In the late 1990s only the church marked the site.
Hill County Historical Commission, A History of Hill County, Texas, 1853–1980 (Waco: Texian, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "TYSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt36), accessed October 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.