THURMAN, TEXAS. Thurman, six miles east of Center in Shelby County, received a post office in 1888 with Minor D. Carroll as postmaster. In 1892 the settlement included a store, a gristmill, and a cotton gin. Its post office was discontinued in 1892, and by 1946 it had ceased to exist as a named community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "THURMAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt44), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.