TEHUACANA GROVE, TX
TEHUACANA GROVE, TEXAS. Tehuacana Grove, also known as Tea Color, is three miles southeast of Streetman and two miles east of State Highway 75 in north central Freestone County. The settlement is believed to have originated in 1908 with the building of an old highway between Streetman and Fairfield. The community grew during the 1920s and 1930s and had a Baptist and Methodist church. The Methodist church eventually moved to Fairfield. A grocery store was open in 1930, by which time Tehuacana Grove had a church, a school, and a number of scattered dwellings. From the 1960s through the late 1980s the site had two churches and a few dwellings.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "TEHUACANA GROVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt51), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.