THOMPSON HILLS, TX
THOMPSON HILLS, TEXAS. Thompson Hills, also known as Thompson, was a church community just north of Interstate Highway 20 and two miles west of Sand Flat in central Smith County. It was bordered on the south by Little Saline Creek and on the north by Cooks Creek. By 1936 the Thompson Hills School, a one-teacher elementary school, had forty-one black students enrolled, but by 1952 the school had been consolidated into the Swan Independent School District along with other local rural schools. In 1966 the community was identified as a church and a few farms along a light-duty road. It was labeled on a 1973 map as Thompson. The 1981 county highway map did not show the community.
Edward Clayton Curry, An Administrative Survey of the Schools of Smith County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1938).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "THOMPSON HILLS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt52), accessed June 16, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.