TRIO, TEXAS. Trio was a half mile southeast of the intersection of Farm Road 127 and Little Blanco Creek, eight miles from Sabinal in Uvalde County. In 1907 the Live Oak School was moved from the August Glaeser farm to the site that would become Trio. In 1915 the nearby Hackberry and Prairie View schools were consolidated with the Live Oak School to form the Trio school district (named for the three schools it would replace), which was based in the Live Oak School. A new two-story, four-classroom brick school building was constructed, and eventually grades one through ten were taught in this new Trio schoolhouse. The old wooden Live Oak schoolhouse was converted to provide living quarters for some of the Trio teachers. In 1935 Trio social events were listed in the Uvalde Leader-News. The Trio school district had been incorporated into the Sabinal Independent School District by 1950, and in 1960 Trio had three residences and one abandoned building. By 1990 the community no longer existed, and its old school building was privately owned and was used for grain storage.
Uvalde Leader-News, Jubilee Edition, July 5, 1935.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Jane A. Knapik, "TRIO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt56), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.